In line with current government guidelines, all branches are closed, with an expected opening date of Thursday 3rd December (subject to Government change).
Please see below for our reopening FAQs, and general coronavirus questions. We are constantly updating these in line with new guidance, so please do check back regularly for any further changes.
As always, our clients and our staff are our highest priority and we are committed to keeping everyone safe and well during these unprecedented times. At HARI’s we are going the extra mile to ensure this and we look forward to welcoming you back as soon as we possibly can.
We will be opening as soon as the Government allows us to do so. Currently the Government has advised the earliest date we can open will be Thursday 3rd December.
Yes, you can make a booking now for when we expect to be open. The best way to do this is to join the Priority Waiting List. Our Front of House team are working through this list and contacting clients on the telephone number you provide.
We will be opening the telephone lines for normal (non-waiting list) bookings 1 week prior to the Government confirmed opening date.
Yes, all clients are required to pay a 50% deposit at the time of making the booking. You will get a full refund if you need to cancel or amend your booking at least 48 hours before the appointment.
If HARI’s need to move your appointment because the Government alter our opening date, and you can’t make the new date, we will issue you a full refund or the option to move your appointment.
The sole purpose of the deposit is to avoid no-shows & last minute client cancellations. We are having to operate the salons at 50% capacity which means our staff have less time in the salon each week to service their clients. Therefore we can’t afford to have any no-shows or last minute cancellations in these circumstances.
Please note that this is not a policy we expect to continue going forward.
When you make a booking you will have a confirmed time and day with your preferred staff member e.g. Saturday 4th July at 10am. If the Government then announce that salons are not allowed to open for another week, you will keep the same day and time but move to the following week e.g. Saturday 11th July at 10am.
If there are any changes we will contact you by phone and you will have the option to cancel the appointment if you can’t make the new date, and get a full refund or transfer it to a new appointment.
Firstly, please consider that in most European countries hairdressers were the first businesses to open following lockdown. This would not be allowed to happen if they were deemed unsafe.
There are various steps which we will be making to ensure it is safe:
- We are working at 50% capacity (every other work station) which will allow staff and clients to maintain a 1m+ distance between each other.
- All staff will be wearing PPE (face mask and gloves) and the shampooist will be wearing a face shield as well
- All clients will be issued a disposable mask which they will be required to wear in the salon during the length of their visit
- Each appointment will be extended to allow for the team to sterilise their equipment in-between clients and also disinfect the seat and work station in preparation for their next client
- Each staff member is only allowed one client in the salon at a time to minimise the number of people in the building.
- All communal surfaces will be sterilised throughout the day at regular intervals including all door handles, toilet flushes, taps, reception surfaces, etc.
- All gowns and towels will either be disposable or laundered after each use.
We are disappointed to say there will be no magazines, cloakroom, waiting area (except for disabled clients) or refreshments (except water provided in a glass bottle).
At HARI’s we take pride in offering an exceptional service to our clients which normally includes all of the above. We can’t wait to be able to resume our normal high level of services which our clients have become accustomed to, as soon as it is safe to do so.
- • Where possible clients should come alone to appointments as there will be limited use of the waiting area.
- Arrive with as little baggage as possible i.e. no shopping bags, scooters/bicycles. We are unable to look after any items that you would have normally left in the reception
- If you have your own face mask and gloves you would prefer to wear then please bring them.
- Please be on time for your appointments as we are not able to be as flexible as we normally are.
In order to partly mitigate this issue we are increasing the salon opening hours from 8am-8pm Monday - Saturday, and all salons are open on Sundays (opening hours vary but use 10am-6pm as a guide).
As with many businesses, Coronavirus has increased the costs of operating. Compounded with decreasing our capacity by 50% to maintain social distancing, the pre coronavirus model of operating a salon is no longer viable. As a result many hair salons are expecting to increase their prices between 5-10%.
At HARI’s we do not want to do increase our prices as such, but instead charge a Coronavirus fee of £3 onto each final bill to help share the cost of this and to ensure we are here to service your needs for many years to come.
Until the salon opens on 3rd December we will not be arranging home visits from our staff. Once the salons open a home visit can be arranged by the Front of House team, however there will be a premium charged for this service as has always been the case.